Anonymous asked: this is Runespoor contacting you in the LEAST PRACTICAL MANNER KNOWN TO THE INTERNET due to logging-in shenanigans. I'm back from London tomorrow by the beginning of the afternoon, do you want to do something?
Sure! If you won’t be too tired! My place?
texanona asked: Zidane!
- Why I like them: he’s playful and optimistic and dramatic and altruistic. A very fun and well rounded main character.
- Why I don’t: I got nothing.
- Favorite episode (scene if movie): the part of the intro with sudden theater impro. (this may have to do more with Dagga than him to be fair).
- Favorite season/movie: His BSOD because you’re not alone is great music :D
- Favorite line: “Do you need a reason to save someone?”
- Favorite outfit; he has several?
- OTP: Zidane/Dagga
- Brotp: Freya + Zidane, I wish we knew more about their friendship actually, given how she joins the group.
- Headcanon: Once upon a time he had had a crush on Ruby, which was remarkably hilarious.
- Unpopular opinion:… I’m not sure what’s a popular opinion? Does not shipping Kuja/Zidane counts as one? (I see more grounds for one sided Tarask/Zidane tbh)
- A wish: I want the sequel to FF9 that stars his little sister Mikoto :p.
- An oh-god-please-dont-ever-happen: a bad kind of sequel? idk.
- 5 words to best describe them: Thief with a heart of Gold shit that’s 6.
- My nickname for them: Djidane, because I’m French and Zidane is someone else XD
While we’re at it, let’s not forget that today is the 71st anniversary of the Uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto (not to be confused with the Warsaw Uprising).
You’ve probably seen this iconic WW2 picture before:
It’s a picture of Jewish civilians being taken prisoner during the German’s efforts to quench the uprising. These people were defending themselves against extermination- the Germans had entered the ghetto on April 19th with the intent of emptying it. You can guess in what ways.
This uprising wasn’t a military act- it was a civilian self-defense, a last stand against execution.
On this date Warsaw citizens wear daffodils to remember them. Daffodils bloom in April, from a distance they look remarkably like a yellow star, and were the flowers that Marek Edelman, one of the Uprising’s leaders, would place at the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes every year.