flo-nelja asked: Xavier/Magneto ? (si je ne te l'ai pas déjà demandé pour un mème trop semblable)
- When I started shipping or if i ship it: That’s a complicated question… in some ways, as a kid in the 90’s watching the X-Men cartoon, in other ways, circa 2003 or 2004 reading movie fanfics.
- My thoughts: I love their interplay!! They’re both fascinating and complex characters and they have a very high level of respect and affection for one another even when they also disagree strongly and fight. I love how it’s always a discussion - a debate, an argument - between them, and at the same time how it’s what binds them together. Also there’s a lot of lies, betrayals, last minute rescues and snarky asides. So yeah, they’re one of my all time favourite OTP.
- What makes me happy about them: Snarky exchanges… “Nice helmet, Erik” and the like :)
- What makes me sad about them: When they give up on one another.
- Things done in art/fic that annoy me: The way XMFC seems to have overtaken other versions of the characters and their relationships. TOO MUCH ALTERNATE SETTING AUs. Jewishness erasure. Xavier’s woobification. Bunch of other stuff.
- Things I look for in art/fic: Respect for both their characterisation in all their complexity. Whether it’s shippy or platonic, anything that reflects well their interplay. Political discussions. Erik being melodramatic. Xavier being mildly and intelligently badass. Domestic fluff with snark.
- My kinks for them: They’re not my most kinky ship by a fair mile. If you must have one of them top, it should Xavier and Erik might indulge him from time to time. Telepathic sex & the like is always fun to explore, as is metal toys. Don’t gloss over Xavier being disabled when he is.
- Who I’d be comfortable them ending up with, if not each other: Xavier has had a lot of girlfriends but the only lovers with whom it seems to work are very long distance for a reason, so for a certain value of ending with only :) but yeah, his relationship with Lilandra seemed to work well enough. For Erik, Erik/Magda of course. I don’t see any of his other canonical relationships working long term… oh there’s my good crack ship Erik/Cynthia Von Doom.
- My happily ever after for them: They continue teaching and protecting mutants children on Genosha. The life of mutants worldwide improve greatly thanks to them finally cooperating with one another.